Arson arrest after blaze at bungalow
Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue ServiceA man has been arrested on suspicion of arson with intent to endanger life after a fire at a bungalow in Worksop.
Nottinghamshire Police said it was called to the property in Rayton Spur on Thursday evening after firefighters suspected the blaze had been started deliberately.
The bungalow, which was badly damaged by the fire, was unoccupied and no injuries were reported, the force added.
A 34-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of arson with intent to endanger life and remains in custody.
Det Sgt Nathan Bingham said: "The property has been badly damaged by the fire but thankfully it was unoccupied.
"Had it not been for the rapid response of our fire colleagues, it is likely the flames would have spread to adjoining properties.
"Needless to say, we are treating this incident extremely seriously and a suspect remains in custody for questioning."
He appealed to anyone with information, CCTV or dashcam footage to come forward.
Listen to BBC Radio Nottingham on Sounds and follow BBC Nottingham on Facebook, on X, or on Instagram. Send your story ideas to eastmidsnews@bbc.co.uk or via WhatsApp on 0808 100 2210.
