Summary

  • Man Utd close to agreeing deal with Brighton for midfielder Carlos Baleba

  • Red Devils tried to sign Cameroon international last year but Seagulls did not want to sell

  • Arsenal stepping up interest in Aston Villa's Ezri Konsa

  • Aston Villa sign goalkeeper Zion Suzuki from Parma and defender Matteo Ruggeri from Atletico Madrid

  • Saudi Pro League side Al-Hilal linked with £40m move for Aston Villa's Ollie Watkins

  • Al-Hilal also linked with Harry Kane - though England captain in talks over new Bayern Munich contract

  • Get Involved: How do you rate your club's transfer business so far this summer?

Send us your views

  1. That's all from uspublished at 13:56 BST

    Thank you for joining us today as we brought you the latest updates in the transfer window.

    If you have just joined us or would like a recap, here are the top stories:

    We will be back with more transfer updates tomorrow, see you then!

  2. Do Fulham want a new centre-back?published at 13:52 BST

    Nizaar Kinsella
    BBC Sport Chelsea reporter

    Staffs: Any news on a centre back for Fulham No replacement for Diop is a concern

    Fulham have four central defenders: Calvin Bassey, who was recently lauded by Alvaro Arbeloa, Joachim Andersen and Jorge Cuenca. The trio are joined by Luc de Fougerolles, who spent last season on loan in Belgium.

    It is clear they are at least testing the market for a centre-back, having held talks over a move for Rennes defender Abdelhamid Ait-Boudlal.

    It speaks towards Fulham are looking at signing one but within their limits and with options in their squad if they fail to do so.

  3. Will Spurs by a well-known striker?published at 13:48 BST

    Nizaar Kinsella
    BBC Sport Chelsea reporter

    Al: Any news on Spurs’ potential signings of Gakpo and Savinho that seem to be taking an age to announce?

    We know Manchester City and Liverpool both want to sign forwards so it is safe to assume they don't want to weaken their squad before they strengthen it.

    In turn, that delays Spurs' chances of completing a deal.

  4. Everton chief coy on potential Grealish returnpublished at 13:44 BST

    Everton

    Jack Grealish of Everton applauds the supporters at full-timeImage source, Getty Images

    Everton have been searching for a long-term replacement for Seamus Coleman for over a year. Centre-back Jake O'Brien and midfielders James Garner and Merlin Rohl have all played there during that time, with Nathan Patterson out of favour.

    Earlier this month, BBC Radio Merseyside's Giulia Bould reported that Everton sent representatives to watch Celtic's Alastair Johnston, while West Ham's Aaron Wan-Bissaka has been someone David Moyes would like to bring to the Toffees for a while - though a deal has now been agreed for him to join Aston Villa.

    Meanwhile, Everton chief executive officer Angus Kinnear says they have "remained in contact" with Jack Grealish but need "to respect" that he is a Manchester City player at present.

    Grealish, 30, made 22 appearances for Everton last season before an unfortunate foot injury in January ended his season prematurely.

    He has since returned to parent club Manchester City, for whom he came on as a half-time substitute in Sunday's Community Shield defeat by Arsenal.

    "Jack is a player we've remained in contact with," said Kinnear in an exclusive interview with BBC Radio Merseyside. "It was no secret that he decided to have his rehabilitation done here for the remainder of last season when he didn't have to do that.

    "He's a player who's fallen in love with the right shade of blue but ultimately he's a Manchester City player at the moment and we need to respect that."

  5. Where's Everton's right-back signing?published at 13:41 BST

    Nizaar Kinsella
    BBC Sport Chelsea reporter

    Merlin: Is there a parallel Premier League where Everton have signed a right full back?

    Hi Merlin, that's a deep way of asking a transfer question. I'll see whether Professor Brian Cox is available for the science part.

    As for Everton, chief executive Angus Kinnear told BBC Radio Merseyside yesterday that the right-back market is moving more slowly than they had hoped, but he all but guaranteed a new signing in that position this summer.

    He believes Everton will be rewarded for playing the long game and securing the best possible player available.

    Kinnear said: "It's important we have the number-one right-back we wanted when the window closes.

    "We're putting things together, but we certainly feel, behind the scenes, that we've got a long way to go and want to do an awful lot more."

  6. Liverpool's defence must improvepublished at 13:37 BST

    Aadam Patel
    Football Reporter

    Richard: Liverpool have had a leaky defence for too long now. Neither Slot nor his replacement seem to be doing anything about it. Why? I don’t understand it.

    Liverpool conceded 53 goals in the Premier League last season and only seven teams conceded more than that so for starters, they must improve. Skipper Virgil van Dijk stressed the need to improve repeatedly last season.

    Experienced defenders like Ibrahima Konate and Andy Robertson left over the summer but Jeremy Jacquet and Ronald Araujo have arrived while Kostas Tsimikas has returned from loan. Tsimikas will be the back up to Milos Kerkez.

    With Joe Gomez and Giovanni Leoni on their way back from injuries and youngster Mor Talla Ndiaye impressing in pre-season, Liverpool should have sufficient options at centre-back.

    There remains a question at right-back with Conor Bradley still out with a knee injury but for now, Jeremie Frimpong looks like he will be trusted there. Like Kerkez, he has had a season under his belt at Anfield now.

    Internally, there is an acceptance that Liverpool must improve defensively but there is also a belief that this is a squad that can do that under Iraola.

  7. Postpublished at 13:35 BST

    Right, time to hear from some of our reporters who have been answering your questions this afternoon.

    First up, we have Aadam Patel on the concerns surrounding Liverpool's defence...

  8. 'One aspect of the medical that seems to be the problem'published at 13:28 BST

    Nick Barnes
    BBC Newcastle's Sunderland commentator

    Dayann MethalieImage source, Getty Images

    This was a surprise as on Tuesday afternoon everything seemed fine with the deal for Dayann Methalie.

    The player had flown in a day or so ago for his medical. Then it transpires there is clearly an issue. Reading between the lines it appears to be an issue with a light back injury.

    He hasn't failed the whole medical but one aspect of the medical that seems to be the problem.

    As a consequence he has flown back to France, to his club Toulouse. No doubt they will want to see for themselves. The deal is on hold, not off. You could say it's in the balance.

    It's a player Sunderland clearly like and want. They thought a deal had been agreed. I imagine what will happen is they will get the diagnosis from the Toulouse point of view, compare it to what they found here and then there will be negotiations about restructuring the deal - so there is less risk Sunderland take on board for the deal.

  9. Methalie's move to Sunderland in doubtpublished at 13:25 BST

    Dayann MethalieImage source, Getty Images

    Sunderland's deal for Toulouse left-back Dayann Methalie is now in doubt after the 20-year-old has failed part of his medical exam.

    Mathalie started his medical after a verbal agreement was reached for an initial £23.9m, with a further £1.7m in potential add-ons.

    It has been reported that he has flown back to France to be with his home club, Toulouse.

  10. Postpublished at 13:22 BST

    One team Coventry City would not mind emulating this season is Sunderland.

    The Black Cats were in a similar position to the Sky Blues this time last year, returning to the Premier League after a lengthy absence, and defied expectations by qualifying for the Europa League with a seventh-place finish in the top flight.

    And this week, Black Cats manager Regis Le Bris has been trying to strengthen his squad ahead of their first European campaign since 1974.

  11. Eight summer signings ahead of Coventry's Premier League returnpublished at 13:16 BST

    Coventry City

    Coventry City have splashed the cash in the summer transfer window as they prepare for their return to the Premier League.

    In addition to signing Sidiki Cherif, the Championship winners added Nigeria international striker Taiwo Awoniyi to their squad earlier this week.

    Other signings include:

    • Frank Onyeka - Midfielder, Bradford
    • Loum Tchaouna - Winger Burnley
    • Aurele Amenda - Centre-back, Eintracht Frankfurt
    • Carl Rushworth - Goalkeeper, Brighton
    • Caleb Yirenkyi - Centre midfielder, FC Nordsjælland
    • Gustavo Hamer - Midfielder, Sheffield United
    • Taiwo Awoniyi - Striker, Nottingham Forest
  12. We want to stay in Premier League, says Lampardpublished at 13:08 BST

    Coventry City

    Media caption,

    Frank Lampard lays out Coventry's Premier League plans

    Frank Lampard says he wants Coventry City to maintain their Premier League status come the end of the season, after guiding them back to the top flight after 25 years.

    "We are ambitious and credit to the owner [Doug King], who gave me the opportunity and we have had a great 18 months," said Coventry boss Lampard.

    "We know it's a necessity to improve the squad if you come up and we know where the market is going. So it's not easy for a club like us to do that.

    "We have had to pull all the stops to try and sell the project to players. We want to stay here. The size of club as it is it deserves to be a Premier League club. But when you have been 25 years out of it, its much easier said than done."

  13. Coventry sign teen from Fenerbahcepublished at 13:01 BST
    Breaking

    Coventry City

    Coventry City have signed forward Sidiki Cherif from Fenerbahce on a long-term contract.

    The 19-year-old made appearances in the UEFA Europa League and in this season’s UEFA Champions League qualifiers before his move to Coventry.

    Cherif began his career in France and made his professional debut for Angers SCO in the 2023-24 season.

    Born in Guinea, Cherif played for France’s U16 and U21 squads.

    Sidiki CherifImage source, Getty Images
  14. Postpublished at 13:00 BST

    We have another deal to bring you from the Premier League.

    For the first time today, this one doesn't involve Aston Villa...

  15. Nunez set to join Saudi's Al-Diriyahpublished at 12:53 BST

    Sami Mokbel
    BBC Sport Senior football correspondent

    Darwin NunezImage source, Getty Images

    Former Liverpool striker Darwin Nunez is set to join Al-Diriyah on a loan deal from Al-Hilal.

    The 27-year-old’s move between the Saudi Pro League clubs is at an advanced stage with the transfer expected to be confirmed in the coming days.

    It is understood Al-Diriyah sporting director Dougie Freedman has played an integral role in the proposed deal.

    Freedman left his position at Crystal Palace last summer and helped the Al-Diriyah secure promotion into the Saudi top-flight in his first season.

    Having joined Liverpool in 2022 for a fee of up to £85m, the Uruguay international left Anfield last summer joining Al-Hilal.

    Nunez scored nine goals in all competitions for the club last season before making three appearances at the World Cup.

    He has been linked with a return to European football this summer but is set to stay in Saudi Arabia.

  16. Leeds sign Elvedi from Borussia Monchengladbachpublished at 12:47 BST

    Leeds United

    Nico Elvedi #4 of Switzerland looks on during the FIFA World CupImage source, Getty Images

    Leeds United have completed the signing of defender Nico Elvedi from Borussia Monchengladbach in an £8.5m deal.

    The Switzerland international, 29, will reunite with Whites boss Daniel Farke, who managed the Bundesliga side in 2022-23.

    Borussia Monchengladbach have accepted an offer worth an initial £6.8m, with a further £1.7m in add-ons.

    Elvedi spent 11 years with Monchengladbach, making 364 appearances for the German club.

    He has earned 73 caps for his native Switzerland, playing every minute of their recent run to the quarter-finals of the World Cup.

    Elvedi is Leeds' fourth signing of the summer transfer window, following James Trafford, Harry Wilson and fellow defender Tarik Muharemovic.

    His arrival at the club allowed Sebastiaan Bornauw to leave Elland Road and sign for Hamburg on a season-long loan.

    Earlier today, striker Joel Piroe joined West Ham on a season-long loan.

  17. Postpublished at 12:45 BST

    Let's have a look around the rest of the Premier League to see how the other clubs are progressing in the market.

    Leeds United confirmed a signing a short while ago, so we'll bring you right up to speed with that.

  18. Ndukwe close to joining Levantepublished at 12:40 BST

    Aadam Patel
    Football Reporter

    Ifeanyi Ndukwe, who has starred for Liverpool in pre-season, is closing in on a loan move to Levante in La Liga.

    The 18-year-old is ineligible to play competitive football for Liverpool this season due to work-permit issues and a move to Spain looks increasingly likely but no deal has been struck yet.

    BBC Sport understands that if the move does happen, it will be a season-long loan move that will then be reviewed during the January transfer window.

    There is a chance that Ndukwe could be recalled from any loan in January if he earns enough points to qualify for a UK work permit by then.

    Ifeanyi Ndukwe,Image source, Getty Images
  19. Postpublished at 12:37 BST

    It is a fair point, Andy, and earlier in the window, some Liverpool supporters appeare happy with the tentative links to a move for Ezri Konsa.

    On the topic of central defenders, one who will not be staying at Anfield for the 2025/26 season is youngster Ifeanyi Ndukwe.

  20. get involved

    Get Involved - 'Why are Liverpool not going after Konsa?'published at 12:29 BST

    Click 'Get Involved' to have your say

    After missing out on Guehi last season, and being desperate for a centre back, why are Liverpool not going all out for Konsa?

    Andy