Forest reveal new shirt sponsorpublished at 14:34 BST
14:34 BST
Image source, NOTTINGHAM FOREST FC
Nottingham Forest have announced a new front-of-shirt sponsor for the 2026-27 season, with owner Evangelos Marinakis stating the deal is "another important step in the continued growth of our club".
Marex will become the club's principle partner, global markets partner and exclusive provider of foreign exchange and other financial services - and their branding will appear on the front of all men's and women's kits.
"Marex is an ambitious, global business with a strong reputation for excellence and performance," Marinakis said after announcing the multi-year partnership.
"Those qualities reflect our own ambitions for Nottingham Forest. We look forward to working together and building a successful relationship."
The club added that information will be circulated "in due course" for supporters wishing to have the new sponsor branding printed on their already purchased shirts.
Is gap between Champions League and Championship getting smaller?published at 08:09 BST
08:09 BST
Chris Collinson BBC Sport statistician
Image source, Getty Images
Last season, the Premier League was arguably more competitive than it has been for years.
While the 65 points between champions Arsenal and bottom side Wolves was around the average for a 38-game season (63), a real revolution took place in mid-table.
Since the league was reduced to 20 teams in 1995-96, the gap between the top four and the bottom three – between what has often been the Champions League and the Championship – had been increasing as the seasons went by, with the 'bigger' clubs profiting from their European adventures and the extra money they earned by regularly finishing higher in the table.
But last season, the gap between the 'haves' and the 'have-nots' of the Premier League dropped from 44 points in 2024-25 to just 26 points – the smallest distance for 23 years (since 25 points in 2002-03).
The European places were more attainable than they had been for years. Despite taking a point fewer than when they finished seventh the season before, Aston Villa clinched Champions League qualification by finishing two places higher.
While Liverpool took the 'bonus' Champions League place by finishing fifth, their points total of 60 was the lowest by a side finishing there for 19 years and would have put them ninth in 2024-25.
Bournemouth and Sunderland also took full advantage of needing fewer points than normal by qualifying for European competition for the first time ever and for over half a century respectively.
Glasner hopeful of new signings at Forestpublished at 09:20 BST 17 August
09:20 BST 17 August
Nick Mashiter Football reporter
Image source, Getty Images
Nottingham Forest boss Oliver Glasner is hopeful of up to three new signings before the end of the transfer window.
The former Crystal Palace head coach expects Forest to be busy in the final two weeks of the window, after a 2-0 friendly win over Ligue 1 side Stade Brest at the City Ground.
Chris Wood's penalty and Luca Netz's goal earned Forest victory on Sunday in their final pre-season game.
Summer signing Xaver Schlager started but with just the midfielder and Ousmane Diomande as new arrivals Glasner is eager for more.
He said: "We have two or three additions in the pipeline, let's say like this.
"It's always two clubs, the player and the agent and as soon as these four parties find an agreement we will have another player.
"I'm very pleased so far. We brought two top players in with Schlager and Diomande. I think everybody can see the impact Schlager can have in our game.
"Diomande is just at the beginning of the pre-season, after a longer break after the World Cup, so he will need a little bit of time to be fully fit.
"Having two players from top five leagues, both played more than 100 games, for their country, playing Champions League football, that will give us quality and experience. So far everything we wanted to do we already did."
Glasner, though, declined to elaborate on Forest's work in the final weeks of the window.
"It just makes it more expensive," he added.
The Austrian also confirmed there was never any chance of Morgan Gibbs-White leaving the City Ground after Elliot Anderson's £116m move to Manchester City.
"It was clear after selling Elliot Anderson that none of our starters will leave the club. That's a commitment from the ownership and no player has asked to leave the club," he said.
"[Gibbs-White leaving] was never a topic. We didn't have to talk about it – it was a non-verbal agreement. We looked each other in the eye, because we want to be successful. If we want to strengthen the squad it makes no sense to sell starters."
Glasner rested many of his stars on Sunday, including Gibbs-White and new defender Diomande after a behind-closed-doors friendly with Coventry on Saturday, which Forest won 2-0.
It gave an insight into the manager's thinking ahead of Saturday's Premier League home opener against Leeds.
Only Wood, Nicolas Dominguez, Schlager and Callum Hudson-Odoi may be viewed as in contention to start.
Arnaud Kalimuendo started on the right with Zach Abbott, Jair Cunha and Morato making up the back three.
"We played very well, created some good chances and always being compact. I'm very pleased what I could see," said Glasner, who confirmed Ryan Yates is expected to miss Saturday's opener.
Gossip: Forest join race for Delappublished at 08:06 BST 17 August
08:06 BST 17 August
Nottingham Forest have joined the race to sign Liam Delap from Chelsea, with the 23-year-old English striker keen to stay in the Premier League. (Talksport), external
AC Milan manager Ruben Amorim has excluded Youssouf Fofana from his plans for the season, with Forest and Crystal Palace now interested in the France midfielder, 27. (Football Insider), external
Forest sign off pre-season with comfortable win over Brestpublished at 16:09 BST 16 August
16:09 BST 16 August
Image source, Getty Images
Nottingham Forest concluded their pre-season schedule with a 2-0 win against Brest at the City Ground.
Oliver Glasner's side opened the scoring against their Ligue 1 opponents through a Chris Wood penalty after January signing Luca Netz was bought down in the penalty area.
Defender Netz then converted Nicolas Dominguez's clever, first-time pass to double Forest's lead before half-time.