Nottinghamshire

Nottingham maternity scandal
Nottingham maternity scandal

MP 'treated with disdain' by 'toxic' maternity unit

MP Michelle Welsh describes her experience giving birth to her son in Nottingham as "horrific".

Latest Updates

  1. Glasner hopeful of new signings at Forestpublished at 09:20 BST

    Nick Mashiter
    Football reporter

    Chris Wood Image source, Getty Images

    Nottingham Forest boss Oliver Glasner is hopeful of up to three new signings before the end of the transfer window.

    The former Crystal Palace head coach expects Forest to be busy in the final two weeks of the window, after a 2-0 friendly win over Ligue 1 side Stade Brest at the City Ground.

    Chris Wood's penalty and Luca Netz's goal earned Forest victory on Sunday in their final pre-season game.

    Summer signing Xaver Schlager started but with just the midfielder and Ousmane Diomande as new arrivals Glasner is eager for more.

    He said: "We have two or three additions in the pipeline, let's say like this.

    "It's always two clubs, the player and the agent and as soon as these four parties find an agreement we will have another player.

    "I'm very pleased so far. We brought two top players in with Schlager and Diomande. I think everybody can see the impact Schlager can have in our game.

    "Diomande is just at the beginning of the pre-season, after a longer break after the World Cup, so he will need a little bit of time to be fully fit.

    "Having two players from top five leagues, both played more than 100 games, for their country, playing Champions League football, that will give us quality and experience. So far everything we wanted to do we already did."

    Glasner, though, declined to elaborate on Forest's work in the final weeks of the window.

    "It just makes it more expensive," he added.

    The Austrian also confirmed there was never any chance of Morgan Gibbs-White leaving the City Ground after Elliot Anderson's £116m move to Manchester City.

    "It was clear after selling Elliot Anderson that none of our starters will leave the club. That's a commitment from the ownership and no player has asked to leave the club," he said.

    "[Gibbs-White leaving] was never a topic. We didn't have to talk about it – it was a non-verbal agreement. We looked each other in the eye, because we want to be successful. If we want to strengthen the squad it makes no sense to sell starters."

    Glasner rested many of his stars on Sunday, including Gibbs-White and new defender Diomande after a behind-closed-doors friendly with Coventry on Saturday, which Forest won 2-0.

    It gave an insight into the manager's thinking ahead of Saturday's Premier League home opener against Leeds.

    Only Wood, Nicolas Dominguez, Schlager and Callum Hudson-Odoi may be viewed as in contention to start.

    Arnaud Kalimuendo started on the right with Zach Abbott, Jair Cunha and Morato making up the back three.

    "We played very well, created some good chances and always being compact. I'm very pleased what I could see," said Glasner, who confirmed Ryan Yates is expected to miss Saturday's opener.

  2. Gossip: Forest join race for Delappublished at 08:06 BST

    Gossip graphic

    Nottingham Forest have joined the race to sign Liam Delap from Chelsea, with the 23-year-old English striker keen to stay in the Premier League. (Talksport), external

    AC Milan manager Ruben Amorim has excluded Youssouf Fofana from his plans for the season, with Forest and Crystal Palace now interested in the France midfielder, 27. (Football Insider), external

    Want more transfer stories? Read Monday's full gossip column

    Follow the gossip column on BBC Sport

  3. Forest sign off pre-season with comfortable win over Brestpublished at 16:09 BST 16 August

    Chris Wood of Nottingham Forest celebratesImage source, Getty Images

    Nottingham Forest concluded their pre-season schedule with a 2-0 win against Brest at the City Ground.

    Oliver Glasner's side opened the scoring against their Ligue 1 opponents through a Chris Wood penalty after January signing Luca Netz was bought down in the penalty area.

    Defender Netz then converted Nicolas Dominguez's clever, first-time pass to double Forest's lead before half-time.

  4. New Forest signing Benda will 'add depth and competition'published at 12:56 BST 15 August

    Steven Benda of Fulham warms upImage source, Getty Images

    Nottingham Forest have confirmed the signing of goalkeeper Steven Benda on a free transfer after his departure from Fulham.

    The 27-year-old has joined on a one-year deal with the Club holding an option for a further year.

    After progressing through the Swansea City academy, Benda has spent the past three seasons at Fulham and was loaned to both Milwall then Feyenoord in the 2025-26 campaign.

    Forest Chief Football Officer, George Syrianos, said: "Steven is an experienced player who we feel will add depth and competition to our current group of goalkeepers.

    "Steven is someone who we know will work hard every day to push his teammates to keep standards high at the training ground, and we are sure he will fit in with the strong culture we have at the Club."

  5. Grimsby sign Notts midfielder Reynolds on loanpublished at 18:26 BST 14 August

    Ryley Reynolds in action for Notts CountyImage source, Getty Images
    Image caption,

    Ryley Reynolds has made four senior appearances for Notts County

    Grimsby Town have signed Notts County midfielder Ryley Reynolds on a season-long loan deal.

    The 20-year-old spent last season on loan in National League North with Kidderminster Harriers and helped them win promotion to the fifth tier.

    He could make his Mariners debut in Saturday's League Two season-opener against Exeter.

    "He's an energetic, technically good midfielder who has the ability to play between the lines, create opportunities and get into goalscoring positions," boss Dave Artell told the club website., external